Highlights

Investigation into Ontario crash that killed 6 young people continues

barrie accident 6 killed

Police in Barrie, Ont., continue to investigate a crash that left six young people dead over the weekend.

The force says the probe into the “tragic event” will take time to complete.

On Monday evening, family members were escorted by police to the lip of a large concrete pit in a construction zone where the crash took place and could be seen tossing flowers into it.

Police have said four men and two women who were reported missing on Saturday were believed to be the six people found dead in the crash early Sunday, which had not been reported when officers came across the scene.

The dead have been identified by police as 22-year-old Curtis King, 23-year-old River Wells, 22-year-old Jason O’Connor, 22-year-old Luke West, 20-year-old Jersey Mitchell, and 21-year-old Haley Marin.

Funeral cost donations have been pouring in from across the country and abroad to support the families of six young adults killed in a weekend car crash in Barrie, Ont., with the fundraiser fast approaching its $60,000 goal after just one day online. 

The young ages of the victims, who were all in their early 20s, likely is playing on people’s minds, Frith added.

On Monday evening, family members were escorted by police to the lip of a large concrete pit in a construction zone where the crash took place and could be seen tossing flowers into it.

The City of Barrie has said the intersection had been closed since the spring and the area is currently the site of a municipal construction project.

A vigil is being planned for Saturday in Barrie to remember the lives lost.

Leave us a comment or question

UA-0000000-0
%d bloggers like this:
Skip to toolbar